Date: 1/26/17 6:45 am
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Golden Eagle and Mountain Chickadee, Littleton, Arapahoe
Yesterday (1/25) some insistent calls of a Common Raven alerted me to an
adult *Golden Eagle* flying directly east over St. Mary Church at South
Prince Street in Littleton. Goldens are relatively rare over this region of
Arapahoe, e.g., this was my first in over three years of frequent observing
at that location. The particular call of the raven is very helpful in
spotting interesting raptors, as the ravens often go out of their way to
escort eagles and others out of their area.

Another new bird for me at St. Mary Church and relatively rare in the local
area of South Prince St. was a *Mountain Chickadee *on 1/22.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO