Date: 1/22/17 6:28 pm
From: Bert Wessling <dmarc-noreply-modpost...> (Redacted sender bwessling for DMARC)
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Mountain Bluebirds
Keith,

There were 2 birds male and female near the intersection of Moore Rd. and San Antonio Rd. south of San Juan first seen on 11/29/2011 They were only seen at this location as far as I know for 3 days. I cannot say if they are the same birds that appeared at SANWR a few days later.

There was also a female Mountain Bluebird at Anzalduas County Park in February, 1991. I do not know who found this bird or the first date seen. I took a poor photo of this bird I will scan and send to you although I do not have the exact date it was taken. There is an eBird report of this bird by Greg Lasley saying a photo was published in American Birds 45(2):292.

Thanks
Bert Wessling

> On Jan 21, 2017, at 8:57 PM, Keith Arnold <kbarnold2...> wrote:
>
> My query to Texbirds on January 19th produced three documented Hidalgo
> county records for 2011:
> San Juan [Moore & San Antonio Ave.] December 1;
> "south" of San Juan December 28/29-30 [confusion of 1st date];
> Santa Ana NWR December 14 - February 26, 2012 a pair, female lingering
> into 2012
>
> I'm not certain about the dates for the birds at Santa Ana NWR. Also, could
> the bird in San Juan be the same as the bird later in the month - both
> females? As it stands, the Dec. 1 San Juan bird would be the first
> documented Hidalgo county record, the Dec. 14 Santa Ana the second, the
> Dec. 28/29 San Juan the third and the recent Mercedes female the fourth.
>
> I know who discovered the two San Juan birds but I don't have that
> information for the Santa Ana bird or the Mercedes bird. Also, I would like
> to have first and last dates of all four records. I will enter all four
> records into the Texas Photo-Record File, once I have complete data.
>
> Thanks to all who provided information [and photos] of these records.
>
> Keith Arnold
> Bryan/TAMU

> from the List Owner

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds